Friday, July 01, 2016

some are learning

20160709-191411.jpgIf I were taking a course, either online or in-class, creating time for wellness and even happiness would be difficult.

Truthfully, I have never really given in to trying to relax and create balance in my summer time away from teaching.

A hat tip to Matthew R. Morris for reminding me that teaching draws on many personal resources, summer time and downtime  opens up the possibility of recharging, reloading, and returning to the activities of life.

This is the first summer in a long time that I have not taught. I think that in 11 years this is the second time I am without work and the first time that it was intentional.

I am walking and playing with my kids and growing things in my garden.

This has been a very fortunate accident.
Post a Comment